The Sustainable Finance Toolkit, structured around existing credit processes and integrating substantial input from a number of other leading Equator banks, aims to help banks implement robust environmental and social risk management approaches which are also consistent with the Equator Principles and international good practice.
The Sustainable Finance Toolkit supports consistent, efficient and comprehensive decision-making at key points in the project engagement and risk management cycle, enabling key staff to rapidly diagnose environmental and social risks in projects and to manage those risks through the systematic application of the Equator Principles policies, guidelines and processes. The outcomes, when effectively applied, will be:
- Consistent identification and management of environmental and social risks in the project finance and risk management process;
- Increased security of deal flow;
- Reduced credit, legal and reputational risk;
- Streamlined internal approval and consistency of approach.
* To go directly to the Sustainable Finance Toolkit, click here.